Outfit Post: Genderless Fashion & Oversized Coats

Outfit Post: Genderless Fashion & Oversized Coats

If you were following fashion shows for this autumn winter season, you could have noticed countless new pieces and trends were introduced. As you may have also noticed, women’s and men’s trends are slowly becoming unified in the fashion industry. This general trend is called “genderless fashion.” Despite the fact that it literally means “genderless fashion,” designers are actually merging trends of both sexes – unisex fashion. I too have become obsessed and like to accommodate this latest fashion trend to my everyday outfits.

Why I’ve fallen in love with this coat? Not only it’s a simple cut that I love but this coat also belongs to a so-called XXL fashion category, or oversized fashion if you prefer. XXL clothing has also been popular for several seasons and the next season won’t be an exception! And to make things even more exciting, you can wear oversized, or XXL coats, with almost anything.

I prefer to match my oversized coat with skinny jeans to create that free elegance.  There is no need to repeat that this classic will never go out of fashion. I’ve already own an oversized coat from Zara that I’ve ben sporting a few seasons now (read all about it in my Heaven doesn’t seems so far away post). Coats tend to stay fashionable twice as likely as other seasonal trends. Black classic with buttons and pattern, combined with matching colours create that casual elegance that I’m so very fond of.

Yes, this genderless fashion is also a trend for more conservative readers.

Patterns on coats are still bang on trend, and this black coat with symmetric stripes has clearly become my favourite and will take me through the cooler months of the year. No one can make a mistake with classic black and soft detailing. I got this coat via LoveTheSales site that I’ve mentioned previously quite a few times and I adore it for a simple reason – it gathers sales from around the online retail world so it’s quite nice and easy to go find the best deal! I absolutely love this coat but I would have never though to go directly to lipsy to buy it!

I quite like pairng the coat with jeans and work trousers rather than dresses, I think the patter on the coat would clash with more stylish pieces but adding boots with heels, it transforms the entire outfit into a more sophisticated ensemble. By adding a black roller neck, this has become my weekend go-to outfit, keeping me warm and classy 😉 The jeans and roller neck top are Primark and the boots are from Next.

We had few errands in town this weekend so I couldn’t resist to get up a bit early and take few snaps of this outfit before the streets become full of weekend shoppers. Oh the dedication of a blogger. It was still dark-ish when we got to Leeds so I was very grateful for my new lens with f/1.8 as it lets more light in, making images a lot brighter and less grainy. I think I got it just in time for this autumn/winter season as my old lens would not be able to cope with the gloomy British weather. Also, amen to the blurred background! One step closer to perfection!

What is this seasons trend that you can’t live without?

Latest outfit post for this autumn winter season: Talking about the latest fashion trend "genderless fashion” and oversized coats as women's and men's trends are slowly becoming unified in the fashion industry. Latest outfit post for this autumn winter season: Talking about the latest fashion trend "genderless fashion” and oversized coats as women's and men's trends are slowly becoming unified in the fashion industry. Latest outfit post for this autumn winter season: Talking about the latest fashion trend "genderless fashion” and oversized coats as women's and men's trends are slowly becoming unified in the fashion industry. Latest outfit post for this autumn winter season: Talking about the latest fashion trend "genderless fashion” and oversized coats as women's and men's trends are slowly becoming unified in the fashion industry. Latest outfit post for this autumn winter season: Talking about the latest fashion trend "genderless fashion” and oversized coats as women's and men's trends are slowly becoming unified in the fashion industry.

Yours truly,
Dash
xx

24 Comments

1. October 19, 2017 / 6:17 pm

Just came back from a dinner party. my wife saw this post and was impressed and regrets not having seen this a few days earlier so she could have prepared for that party!

2. October 20, 2017 / 10:33 am

I bought this type of long coat as well and I love wearing them on winter time, it’s warm and trendy. The outfit looks amazing on you and I love it.

3. October 22, 2017 / 1:41 pm

This piece is really awesome and I must admit you look pretty cool in this long coat 🙂

4. October 23, 2017 / 1:17 am

My husband and I live very close to a large university. When I’m walking or riding my bike through campus I always take note of what the girls are wearing. I’ve seen a lot of genderless fashion, although I didn’t have a name to put with it. Until now. I really like the look. Casual and classy all at the same time. x

5. October 23, 2017 / 5:39 am

I’ve never personally worn this style of jacket, but I could definitely see myself adding it to my wardrobe. While I didn’t know genderless clothing was an in thing now, it seems on par with a lot of the fashion trend I’ve noticed lately.

6. October 23, 2017 / 6:18 pm

Ah yes I love the concept of genderless fashion as there seems to be less limitations and it certainly does have comfort in mind too. What I also love about androgyny is how you can express yourself through fashion without the need to apply yourself to gendered labels. On another note I love your neutral coat it is gorgeous x

7. October 23, 2017 / 6:19 pm

Ah yes I love the concept of genderless fashion as there seems to be less limitations and it certainly does have comfort in mind too. What I also love about androgyny is how you can express yourself through fashion without the need to apply yourself to gendered labels. On another note I love your neutral coat it is gorgeous! x

8. Via Bella
    October 24, 2017 / 12:02 am

That is something very chic and I think I may have a coat that fits the style perfectly. So for once, I may be “in style”. I am loving it! Thanks for sharing.

9. Our Family World
    October 24, 2017 / 10:43 pm

I love that coat. It will not only keep me warm, but the color and the style is so me! No frills, no fancy belts or buckles, no gliterry Love your boots too. It looks so chic and fashionable.

10. October 25, 2017 / 12:32 am

I love these kinds of coats! they look so chic! So I went out and got one the other day but it doesn’t really look flattering on me which is such a bummer! You look gorgeous though!

11. October 25, 2017 / 12:43 am

I am not really into fashion so I had not heard of this before but it sounds like an interesting concept. It does make a lot of sense and glad to see it is a trend!

12. October 25, 2017 / 3:40 pm

I love this coat and those shoes darling are killing t. I think a black shirt paired with black pants is always the classy choice and the genderless choice works for everyone!!

13. October 25, 2017 / 9:48 pm

I love gender less fashion , lately I’ve been adopting it more and more. Plus, this coat is great statement piece for this Fall, great style. I am not sure I have a trend I can’t really live without to be honest, haven’t found it yet at least

14. October 26, 2017 / 11:16 am

It is indeed a timeless piece – makes me think of films in the 80’s slightly :))

15. October 28, 2017 / 11:52 am

Love this coat. Although I fear being a shorty it wouldn’t be a good look on me!

16. October 28, 2017 / 12:57 pm

This coat looks absolutely beautiful – I need to find myself one like this!

17. October 28, 2017 / 2:12 pm

Oh you look fabulous, I need to start being braver with my fashion choices

18. October 28, 2017 / 5:12 pm

Oversized coats sound perfect for these colder days which are creeping in!

19. Michelle Ross
    October 29, 2017 / 3:31 pm

This is a great post, I love this coat, and you look amazing in it! I am a massive fan of autumn/winter fashion! I love oversized clothing and knit wear!

20. October 29, 2017 / 4:12 pm

Oh my word I need that coat. I love oversized coats and that is a beautiful one. You wear it so well 😊

21. October 30, 2017 / 9:03 pm

Oh wow you look amazing. The coat looks lovely for winter and very stylish. I love the colour and it looks like it has a lovely texture. xx

22. October 31, 2017 / 5:35 am

This outfit is really awesome, I must admit you look so perfect in this long jacket.